In this post, you will learn about a mathematical function in Excel – the PRODUCT Function, how to use it in your excel spreadsheets.
How to use PRODUCT Function in Excel?
=PRODUCT(number 1, number 2, ...)
The syntax initially has two arguments
- number 1 – This argument holds the first number.
- number 2 – This argument holds the second number.
This function returns the product of the numbers given as arguments, this function is useful when multiplying many cells together.
- When including the arguments in the Product function they can be
– directly inserted ; =PRODUCT(2, 4,..)
– inserted individually as cells or; =PRODUCT(A1, A2, A3,..)
– inserted collectively as a group; =PRODUCT(A1: A4)
The following examples shows the different ways the function can be used.
The following examples has arguments taken as a group
After the function is implemented, use the fill handle to apply the formula to the rest of the function.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.