In this post, you will learn about a simple division formula in Excel – MOD Function, how to use it in your excel spreadsheets.
MOD Function in Excel
This function returns the remainder of two numbers after division.
The syntax has two arguments
- number – This argument holds the number to be divided.
- divisor – This argument holds the divisor.
You need both arguments to perform the function.
How to use MOD Function in Excel?
The function returns the remainder of two numbers after division.
To start, enter the numbers and the divisors in the excel spreadsheet.
In a new cell enter the syntax and highlight the data to include them in the syntax.
Press enter to display the answer and use the fill handle to apply the formula to the rest of the data.
- In this excel formula, you can use integers and decimal numbers.
- When you use a negative number for the divisor, the answer will have the same sign as the divisor.
- The sign of the number argument does not affect the sign of the answer.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.