Creating a drop-down list in a excel sheet is one of the most frequently used operation in Microsoft Excel and this blog post will demonstrate how you can insert one to a excel sheet in Microsoft Excel 2016.
How to insert drop-down list in Microsoft Excel 2016 ?
1. Open your excel workbook in Microsoft Excel 2016 and then create a list of data that you want to be inserted in the drop-down list. In this example , lets have the sheet2’s cell A3 to A7 contains the items to be displayed displayed in the list.
2. Select the range of cells where you want to display the drop-down list. In this example , lets select the cell D3.
3. Immediately , click the “Data Tab” and the select Data Validation –> Data Validation.
4. In the Data Validation dialog, select “List” in the “Allow” dropdown list in the Settings tab.
6. You should see the following in the Data Validation dialog.
7. Click the OK button in the Data Validation Tab and you should immediately see the drop-down list inserted in the cell D3 with the required data.