In this post, you will learn about the simple EXP Function or the exponential function and how to use it in-with excel spreadsheet.
EXP Function in Excel
The syntax has a single argument,
number – The power that e is raised to.
- The task of this syntax is a simple exponential function of the constant value e.
- The value is e is called the natural number, or Euler’s number. It is an important mathematical constant approximately equal to 2.718281828459…
- This function can be defined by the expression – e ^( number).
- Note: ‘^’ symbol denotes exponential function – ‘e to the power a number’
How to use EXP Function in Excel?
- Open an Excel Worksheet
- Enter the numbers you want to use in the function
- In a new cell enter the syntax and highlight the cell which contains the number to add it to the function.
- Press enter to display the answer.
- Use the fill handle to apply the function to the rest of the data. In the example below the function is executed as e0, e1, e2, and so on.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.