In this post, let’s learn how the TRUNC Function works in excel, describes the formula syntax, and how you can use the TRUNC Function in your excel spreadsheet.
What is TRUNC Function in Excel?
The TRUNC Function in Excel is employed to truncates the number to an integer by removing the fractional part of the number.
=TRUNC (number, [number_digits])
- Number– (Required) The number to be truncated.
- Number_digits– (Optional) Specifies the precision of the truncate.
=TRUNC (A1, A2)
How TRUNC Function works in Excel?
The following steps will explain the work of the TRUNC Function in Excel spreadsheet:
- First, prepare an excel spreadsheet with the specified details in it, or open an existing file.
- To perform the TRUNC Function you need the parameters described in the description.
- Enter those values in cells and enter the command TRUNC followed by the “=” operator within the parenthesis enter the parameters.