In this post, let’s learn how the SEARCH function works in excel, describe the formula syntax, and how you can use the SEARCH function in your spreadsheet.
What is SEARCH Function in Excel?
The SEARCH Function in Excel is used to look for a text within a text string and returns the position of the text.
Syntax of SEARCH Function in Excel
- Find_text– The text that you want look from a text string.
- Within_text– The text that contains the text looking for.
- Start_num– The character number at which you want to start searching.
=SEARCH(“developer publish “,”A8 “,2)
How to use SEARCH Function in Excel?
The following steps will explain the work of the SEARCH function in an excel spreadsheet:
- First, prepare an excel sheet with the specified details in it, or open an existing file with data.
- Here, in this example, we are going to perform SEARCH Function let’s begin with the SEARCH command following the “=” operator within the parenthesis declare the text you want to search from the address of the cell (where you want to search the text string).
- The SEARCH Function returns #VALUE! when the search text is not appears in the within text.