In this post, let’s learn how the FIXED Function works in excel, describes the formula syntax, and how you can use the CHAR Function in your excel spreadsheet.
What is FIXED Function in Excel?
The FIXED Function in Excel is used to rounds a number to text with the given number of decimals. It is a worksheet function.
It is used when concatenating a formatted number text.
Syntax of FIXED Function
- Number– Number to be formatted
- Decimals– The default value is 2. The number of decimals to be included. If it is the negative value, the number will be rounded left of the decimal point. [optional]
- No_commas– Boolean values have been used, TRUE for commas and FLASE for no commas.The default value is FLASE. [optional]
How to use FIXED Function in Excel?
The following steps will explain the work of FIXED Function in Excel:
First, prepare an excel sheet with the required details in it, or open an existing file.
To, perform FIXED Function, let us begin with the FIXED command following the “=” operator within the parenthesis declare the address of the cell and other parameters to be formatted.
The following FIXED examples return these values,
- The FIXED Function returns a text value so the result cannot be used in numeric calculation.
- The TEXT Function is more comfortable to attain the same result.