In this post, you’ll learn about the FIND function in Excel and how you can use it to find a specific character with-in a Text string in your Excel spreadsheet.
What is the use of Find function in Excel?
The FIND function in Excel is used to return the position of a specific character or sub string within a text string. The following are the steps to use the find function in excel:
- First, prepare an excel sheet with the required details in it.
- To use the find function in excel, one way is to go to the home tab > Find&Select option > click on the find button.
- A find and replace dialog box will appear, where you can find the word you want. Enter the word and then click Find all or Find next.
- There is another way to use find function in excel, i.e., by using a formula =FIND(find_text,within_text) or =FIND(“letter”,within_text).
- This will show the result in numbers according to the position of the letter in the word.
We hope that this article was useful and understandable.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.