In this post, let’s learn how the SUMPRODUCT Function works in excel, describe the formula syntax, and how you can use the SUMPRODUCT Function in your excel spreadsheet.
What is SUMPRODUCT Function in Excel?
The SUMPRODUCT function in Excel is used to multiple the range of cells or arrays and returns the sum of products.
=SUMPRODUCT (array 1, [array 2, ………..array_n ])
- Array 1– The first array or range that is to be multiple and then added. (Required)
- Array 2– The second array or range that is to be multiple and then added. (Optional)
How to use SUMPRODUCT Function in Excel?
The following steps will explain the work of the SUMPRODUCT function in an excel spreadsheet:
- First, prepare an excel spreadsheet with the specified details in it, or open an existing Excel spreadsheet.
- Enter the formula of the SUMPRODUCT function followed by the “=” operator and, within the parenthesis enter the ranges of the text to be multiple the sum of the products.
- The SUMPRODUCT function returns #VALUE! Error when the array arguments are not the same.