In this post you will learn about a simple function in Excel – LOG Function, how to use it in your excel spreadsheet.
The Log function is used to get the logarithmic value of a given number with a specified base.
The syntax has two arguments
- number – This holds the number that you want the logarithm value.
- base – Holds the base of the algorithm, default value is 10.
How to use LOG Function in Excel?
The function converts the number into its logarithmic value, with the given base value.
- Start by entering the numbers and the base values in an excel sheet.
- In a new cell enter the syntax and highlight the the data cells to include them in the function.
- Press enter to display the logarithm answer.
- Use the fill handle to apply the function on the remaining data.
- The LOG Function syntax accepts integers and decimal numbers.
- The base value is an optional argument as it has a default value 10, the following example shows the function working with the default base value.
- When non – numeric value is used, the syntax returns #VALUE!, and for negative numbers the syntax returns #NUM!.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.