In this post, you’ll learn some very interesting tips that lets you to use Google Search like a pro with just 8 easy steps.
Google has become an inevitable thing in a common man’s life. And there are a lot of unwanted or distracting information in Google, which makes it bit hard to use.
Use Google Search Like a Pro in 8 Easy Steps
To make it simple, here are eight tips for searching Google like a pro:
1. Using quotation for searching an explicit phrase or group of words will yield a list of pages containing that exact same phrase.
Example: “Vitamin C”
2. If you want to search multiple or different word, use plus (+) sign between the words.
Example: Typing Exam+stress will lead to pages that contain both the words exam and stress.
3. Limit your search to a single website with the ‘site: command.’
Example: Typing “how to pin Microsft word to task bar” site:developerpublish.com will yield pages only from the website www.developerpublish.com.
4. Limit specific words from your search by using a minus sign.
Example: Typing bikes -Honda will restrict any pages with the word Honda on them from showing up in the search results.
5. To search along with synonyms use approximate (~) symbol.
Example: Searching the word ~food will result in the pages containing the word food as well as its synonyms (edibles, etc.).
6. To limit your search to a specific file type, use the filetype: modifier.
Example: Searching for python:pdf will show results with .pdf files related to the python language.
7. Google can also be used as a calculator. Simply type your mathematical expression into the search box and Google will show the answer.
Example #1: Type 5757*7575 which returns the value 43609275
8. To find the dictionary meaning of a word, search the word in Google along with the define command.
Example: Type define:walking and Google will provide the dictionary definition of the word walking.
Google is simply amazing, and to use Google like a pro, follow these simple steps and amaze with your results.