In this post, you will learn about the Rand function in Excel and how to use it in your excel spreadsheets.
This syntax has no arguments.
How to use RAND Function in Excel?
- The function returns a random number in the excel spreadsheet.
- The numbers are greater than or equal to 0, but less than 1, that is the answers are decimal numbers.
- A new number is displayed every time the function is used in the excel sheet.
If you want to use the function to find a random number, but you don’t want the number to change every time then similar to the previous example, enter the syntax in the formula bar or a random cell and press F9, this will convert the formula into the number.
- A simple formula which uses the RAND Function, to find a random number between any two numbers a and b =RAND() * ( b – a ) + a
- The example below, demonstrates the above formula, with the values a=3 & b=6.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.