This article helps you to create a bibliography, citations, and references in Microsoft Word document and its use cases.
What are Citations, Bibliography, and References?
Citations credit the source of information by citing a book, article, or other materials it comes from in Microsoft Word document. Bibliography list all the sources you included in your Word document orderly.
Create Citations in Word
- To get started, bring the cursor where you want to create citations in your Word document.
- Now, go to the Reference tab in the ribbon.
- Click the Insert Citation button in the Citations and Bibliography group.
- Select the Add New Source option from the pop-down menu.
- Now, the Create Source dialogue box will appear on your screen as in the below image.
- Select the source type from the Types of Source drop-down list box.
- Here, we are choosing the website as our source type.
- Also, you can enter the Author, Name of the website, year, month, date, and so on of the source that you needed in your citations.
- Click the Ok button after filling the source details.
If you want to change the Style of the Citations, then pick a citation style from the drop-down list by clicking on the Style button in the citations and bibliography group.
- Here, we are selecting the MLA option.
- To edit the citations, click the down arrow on the Citation in your Word document and select the Edit Citations option from the drop-down list.
In the above image, you can able to see the created citation.
- Now, you can edit your citations by adding page numbers to it and also can suppress it with more options.
- Now, click the Ok button once you completed your editing.
How to Create Bibliography in Word document?
It is always good to create a Bibliography by adding page breaks or create it on a new page of your document. To get started, do the following steps:
- Bring the cursor to the beginning of the page, where you want to create a Bibliography.
- Now, go to the References tab in the ribbon.
- Click the down arrow in the Bibliography button in the Citations and Bibliography group.
- Now, select the build-in type bibliography from the drop-down list or click the Insert Bibliography option.
- We picked the Reference bibliography here.
In the above image, you can see the created bibliography in the Word document.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.