In this post, you will learn more about Dialog Boxes in Excel and how to use them with-in your Excel spread she
What is the use of dialog boxes?
A dialog box is a temporary window, where an application creates to retrieve user input. An application typically uses dialog boxes to prompt the user for additional information for menu items.
The following are the ways to use the dialog boxes.
- First, prepare an excel sheet with the required details in it.
Types of Dialog boxes
- When a Typical dialog box displays on the screen, it will remain until the user dismisses it. By clicking on the ok button, the task selected from the dialog box will be performed, and by clicking on the Cancel button, the dialog box will close without taking any action.
- The image below is an example for Typical dialog box.
- Navigating dialog boxes is very easy, click the command that you want to use. Although dialog boxes were designed for mouse users, you can also use the keyboard. Every dialog box button has also a text name on the button.
- The image below is an example for Navigating Dialog Boxes.
- Several Excel dialog boxes are tabbed dialog boxes. When you select a tab, a panel with relevant commands is visible. Tabbed dialog boxes are highly convenient because you can make several changes in a single dialog box. After you have made all your setting changes, click OK.
We will hope that this article was useful and understandable.