This article shows you how to show fewer decimal places in Excel without changing the number using Formatting i.e rounding off the number without changing the values. This a simple task that can be performed by using Format options in Excel.
How to limit the decimal places to few places in Excel?
Perform the following steps to round off a decimal number.
- Select a cell that has a decimal number in it.
- Right-click on the cell and select Format cells.
- When the Format Cells dialog box opens up go to Number under the Number tab.
- Now in Decimal Places choose either enter the limit of the number of decimal places that you want to display or change the limit using the arrows that are given.
- After fixing the limit. Click on OK to save the changes.
So this way you can set limits to the decimal number.