C# 6.0 Features Series
- How to try C# 6.0 and Rosyln?
- Getter-only (Read Only) Auto Properties in C# 6.0
- Lambda and Getter Only Auto-Properties in C# 6.0
- Initializers for Read-Only Auto Properties in C# 6.0
- Initializers via Expression Auto Properties in C# 6.0
- C# 6.0 – A field initializer cannot reference the non-static field, method, or property
- Lambda Expression for Function Members in C# 6.0
- Dictionary Initializers (Index Initializers) in C# 6.0
- Expression Bodies on Methods returning void in C# 6.0
- using keyword for static class in C# 6.0
- Unused namespaces in Different Color in Visual Studio 2015
- Null-Conditional Operator in C# 6.0
- Null-Conditional Operator and Delegates
- nameof Operator in C# 6.0
- Contextual Keywords in C#
- String Interpolation in C# 6.0
- Exception Filters in C# 6.0
- Await in Catch and finally block in C# 6.0
C# 6.0 provides some cool features and how do the developers get the access to C# 6.0 to try out ?
How to try C# 6.0 and Rosyln ?
The best way to try C# 6.0 and Rosyln compiler is to download and install the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Preview.
You can download and install Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Preview from Microsoft Download Center.
It is a ISO file (vs2015.preview_ult_ENU.iso) with the size of 4.4 GB .
Additionally , if you are using Microsoft Azure , you can spin up a new Virtual Machine image from the Gallery with Visual Studio Ultimate 2015 Preview and Windows Server 2012 R2.
You can download the NuGet Roslyn compiler package using the below command from the NuGet package manager console.
Install-Package Microsoft.CodeAnalysis -Pre
Additionally , you can install the below items if you are planning to build tools like diagnostics , refactoring or other code aware tools .
- SDK Templates VSIX package
- Syntax Visualizer VSIX package for the syntax tree to analyze