These following components have been used for the database access since the introduction of Delphi.
- BDE ( Deprecated )
- BDE and SQL Links ( Deprecated )
- dbGO – Wrapper components for ADO
- Interbase Express – Specialized interbase components
- BDP – Wrapper for ADO.NET/Delphi ( Deprecated )
BDE ( Borland Database Engine )
- These components are included in the latest versions of Delphi only for Backward compatibility
- It is Not intended for new projects
- It works based on the Connected Data Access technique.
dbGO ( ADO )
These components are still used in all types of database projects
- It is a simple set of wrappers making ADO easy to implement in Delphi
- It works based on the Connected Data Access technique similar to BDE .
Interbase database Components
- It Gives full control over the Interbase database only.
- No other Databases can be used.
BDP ( Borland Data Provider )
- It is a Wrapper for ADO.NET
- It is used with VCL.NET
- It was introduced in 2000 ( dbExpress 1.0 ) – Delphi 6 – version 1.0
- It works based on the Non-Connected Data Access architecture
- It is Written 100% Pascal and is Extremely fast
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.