This blog post will explain in simple steps on how you can change the default behaviour in SQL Management studio to change the “Edit Top 200 Rows” and “Select Top 1000 Rows” to Select All.
Have you noticed the Context Menu , when you right click on the table in the SQL Server Management Studio Express?. The SQL Server Management Studio allows us to “Edit” or “View” the entire records in a table.
SQL Server – Change Edit Top 200 Rows and Select Top 1000 Rows to Select/Edit All
You might see the following options in the SQL Server Management Studio Express 2008 .
1. Select Top 1000 Rows
2. Edit Top 200 Rows
The idea to include this looks good for performance reasons .But what if you are a person like me who wants want to display all the records .
In SQL Server 2008 Management Studio Express , you can change the default settings thats allows to edit more than the 200 rows at a time, or select more than 1000 rows
To modify the “Edit Top 200 Rows” or “Select Top 1000 Rows” setttings do the following:
- Run the SQL Management Studio
- Click the Tools -> Options
- Select SQL Server Object Explorer . Now you should be able to see the options
- Value for Edit Top Rows Command
- Value for Select Top Rows Command
4. Give the Values 0 here to select/ Edit all the Records
5. Now you should see the Edit All and Select All options on the table .