Below are some interesting shortcuts in the Windows Phone emulator which may help developers during the development and testing of their apps.
- F12 (Once) – Try hitting F12 once in the emulator, the display will be turned off.
- F12 (Twice) – Try hitting the F12 twice within the emulator. The beautiful lock screen will be display at this point of time.
- Page Down – This will disable the hardware keyboard which enables the user to type with the PC’s keyboard
- Page Up – This will enable the hardware keyword in the Windows Phone emulator.
- F1 – Simulates the Back button in Windows Phone Emulator
- F2 – Simulates the Start button in the Windows Phone Emulator
- F3 – Simulates the Search button in the Windows Phone Emulator