In this post, you’ll learn how you can remove the login password in Windows 10 and Windows 11 PC so that you can try to login without specifying any password.
If you want to protect your computer and your files, you should always use Windows 10 and Windows 11 using a password.
Logging in may involve additional steps if a password is required.
How to Disable Password Login in Windows 11 & Windows 10?
It is impossible to completely delete the password if you have a Microsoft account because your login information is linked to your online account. However, you can set up your computer to log in automatically to simulate a password-less account.
- Launch Windows 10 Start menu.
- Search for netplwiz and select the top result to open Control Panel.
- Under the “Users for this computer” section, select the account to which you want to remove the password.
- Remove the check mark next to “User must enter a user name and password to use this computer.” And then click the Apply button.
- You will receive an confirmation dialog. Confirm the Microsoft account so that you can sign-in automatically. Then click the OK button.
When you finish the steps, the device will have a password, but it will sign in automatically every time you restart it.
If you use a Microsoft account, you may also completely delete the password, but you’ll need to switch to a local account to do so.
How to Remove Password Login in Windows 11 & Windows 10?
- Open Settings App on your Windows PC.
- Navigate to Accounts -> Your Info and then click Sign in with a local account instead option and then click on the Next button.
- This will prompt you to create a username for your account. Enter the user name and leave the Password and Reenter Password fields empty so that you can remove the passwords entirely and then complete the steps as shown in the wizard