Today, Microsoft has announced the features that that will be officially be part of the Windows Phone 8 GDR3 release and in fact there is another good news for the developers now :). The Developer Preview Program for the Windows Phone developers is launched which lets the developers to test their apps in the Windows Phone update even before it is released to the consumers.
I already got the update in my HTC Windows Phone 8X and now in the process of exploring the features.
So what are the new features that is expected to be part of the Windows Phone 8 GDR3 Update?
Darren Laybourn – Corporate Vice President of Windows Phone in his blog shares the announcement.
Below are some of the features for a quick look
- Support for the 1080p HD and bigger screens.
- Powerful hardware supporting the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor.
- Improved Internet Sharing.
- Better mechanism to close the apps in the Fast App Switching.
- Customized ringtones and text tones for the contacts in the people’s hub.
- Screen rotation which can be accessed from the Settings .Useful feature especially when you want to lock the orientation when reading eBooks etc.
- Driving mode is new addition to windows phone and lets you to turn off calls and texts and also send an automatic replies to people who are trying to reach you.
- And more…
In Order to participate in the Developer Preview Program , your phone should be developer unlocked or you should be a registered windows phone developer or should have the windows phone app studio account.