What are the prerequisites to start developing Windows Phone Apps?
- Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 or Windows 7 (Except Starter Edition)
- Microsoft DirectX 10 or DirectX 11 graphics card for Windows Phone Emulator
- Zune client for deploying the App to the Phone
- Windows Phone SDK 7.1 setup file (installs Visual Studio 2010 Express for WP7 and Expression Studio Express for WP7)
- Visual Studio 2010 SP1 (Incase VS2010 Professional or higher is already installed and no SP1 detected)
- Programming knowledge on .NET 🙂
Know more about other prerequisites from MSDN- Installing the Windows Phone SDK.