What is Silverlight Toolkit for Windows Phone ?
Silverlight toolkit for Windows Phone is a opensource framework which provides additional controls for the developing Windows Phone Applictaion apart from the standard Windows Phone controls .
These controls are available for download including the sourcecode which is Microsoft Public Licensed and can be downloaded
Currently , the Silverlight Toolkit for Windows Phone includes the following controls
- Page Transitions
The installation process of the Silverlight toolkit for Windows Phone is fairly simple .
1. Download Silverlight Toolkit from Codeplex site
2. Double click the downloaded setup file to start the installation .
3. In the Setup start screen , accept the license agreement and click Install
4. This will start the installation of the SIlverlight Toolkit for Windows Phone .
5. With in few seconds , the installation of the silverlight toolkit should be complete . Click finish to close the Window .
6. You will find the Windows Phone Toolkit installed in the following folder of your system .
“C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft SDKsWindows Phonev7.1ToolkitAug11” .
Note that i am using 64 bit machine and hence this path is used to save the files .